BUCKHANNON — Another election year has arrived, and My Buckhannon will be there every step along the way to help our readers connect with the candidates seeking to represent them at the local, state, and federal levels.
To our local candidates, we look forward to working with you over the next several months. Please take a moment to review our election coverage guidelines:
- My Buckhannon will publish one free candidacy announcement/biography, including a photo, for each candidate. Please submit this as a press release with a length of no more than 500 words. The deadline for submissions to be emailed to email@example.com is March 31, 2024.
- For candidates running for state and national office, we will conduct one general interview in person in Upshur County. Our reporters are busy – please give us at least 48 hours of notice for interview requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for interview requests is March 31, 2024.
- We do not publish candidate endorsements, letters to the editor involving candidates, or columns from candidates unless it is a regular column that runs year-round.
- We will cover a limited number of nonpartisan “meet the candidate” nights, as our schedule permits. For partisan organizations, we will cover one such event for each political party. Please email event information to email@example.com.
- For local events that occur during the election season, we will cover that are news-focused. (For example, a groundbreaking with politicians versus a candidate simply speaking about his or her run for office.)
- We offer a variety of political advertising options, including website and social media ads. For our readers, all paid political advertising will be clearly identified as such. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
My Buckhannon is a small community website. Our readers are our neighbors. Since our founding in 2018, we have sought to publish respectful, insightful and truthful stories about Upshur County. We ask that political submissions follow these same community-minded tenets.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us at any time by emailing email@example.com.